bluemouth inc., an internationally acclaimed, non-profit interdisciplinary performance collective, seeks a creative, dynamic, and entrepreneurial individual to serve in the role of Artistic Producer.
- bluemouth inc. is a Canadian interdisciplinary theatre company that works collectively to create original, dynamic, and immersive performance. We are five artists trained in various disciplines, brought together by a common vision of sharing our diverse experiences, and forging an unique performance language.
- Our goal is to reach beyond the boundaries of conventional performance practice to create multi-disciplinary site-specific art, that leads audiences and artists alike into new forms of play.
- This position will play a key role in contributing to the overall creative visioning of the collective and assist in the development of a wide-range of rapidly expanding international activities.
- The Artistic Producer will work in partnership with the five Core Members of bluemouth in all areas of the company planning and help lead the collective into its next phase of artistic development.
- The political and ideological culture of the company, is one of complete collaboration. Idividuals should be comfortable and willing to work in a non-hierarchical enviroment.
- The company is in period of extensive growth and is seeking an adventurous, creative individual to help build support for its unique creative process, public engagement activities and expansion into an international market.
- The Core Company is looking for a creative individual who will augment the current operations, lightening some of the existing work load, while identifying and initiating new areas of potential growth.
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to make this a career and/or grow with the company.
- Working in partnership with the Core Members of bluemouth inc., the Artistic Producer will be responsible for contributing to the overall operations of the organization, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Represent the company to our audience, supporters and broader communities through leadership and active participation.
- Identify and maintain relationships with existing and new local, national and international collaborators and presenters.
- Assist in the development and management of a critical path.
- Develop and negotiate the terms for the presentation of existing and new work including commissions.
- Assist in the coordination and management of volunteers.
- Coordinate media relations including interviews, press calls and photo shoots.
- Develop long-term fundraising strategies in partnership with the Core Members and Board of Directors.
- Identify opportunities, coordinate and assist Core Company Members in the preparation of grant applications for funding to all levels of government.
- Coordinate all fundraising events in cooperation with the Board of Directors and Core Members, including: an Annual Garden Party Fundraising Campaign, special events, direct mail and online appeals as well as sponsorship initiatives.
- Innovate new strategies of revenue generation (sourcing additional staff ie: mentorship programs, part time support or coop, paid internships to build a team)
- Maintain good relations with government agencies and foundations, optimizing funding from all sources, and with the Core Members, prepare project and touring grants including final reporting.
- Record all donations and facilitate gift acknowledgement.
- With the Core Members, design, plan and implement marketing strategies and new media production.
- Develop and manage mailing lists.
- Assist in the maintenance and growth of online visibility, including social networking communities and platforms
- Coordinate and contribute to the writing and dissemination of newsletters, press releases and other promotional materials.
- Belief in the mission of bluemouth inc. and the personality and ability to inspire others to support the company
- Experience and comfort in working as part of a collective.
- Ability to delegate and coordinate the Core Members of the collective based upon their individual strengths.
- Creative problem solver
- Available to tour with the company.
- Candidate should possess excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, set goals and plan long-term.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of the Canadian and International Performance Community
- Experience/knowledge of contract negotiation and initiating business partnerships within the performing arts
- Ability to work independently and is self-motivated
- Knowledge of social media and in depth computer skills required
- Comfortable with traveling and working from ‘the road’
- Committed to helping create successful and sustainable company that aspires to innovate, create, collaborate, explore and perform.
- Outgoing and friendly demeaner
- Strong business skills an asset
- Comfortable writing and speaking about interdisciplinary performance practice.
- Strong organizational abilities, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with patience and flexibility
Salary: Competitive (with travel and bonus incentive built in and) potential to quickly grow alongside the company into full time position.
bluemouth inc. presents of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply no later than February 10, 2012 by mail or e-mail with C.V. and cover letter of interest to:
187 Hallam Street
No phone calls please
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.