* Please note that the deadline for this listing has now passed *
Communications Internship at Wellesley Institute
Wellesley Institute is a population health applied research and public policy institute committed to improving the health of urban populations by decreasing health disparities. We are looking for an independent, creative, hard-working and tech savvy intern who is looking for opportunities to learn, to be challenged, and to make a contribution to our communications practice. The Wellesley Institute communications internship provides an opportunity to gain experience in communications and work in a hands-on, collaborative environment on important and exciting projects.
The Wellesley Institute communications intern can expect to work closely with the Communications Manager to disseminate Wellesley Institute work, to provide logistical support for events and activities, help develop social media and new media strategies and campaigns, perform traditional media tasks including press releases, website updates, copywriting, and complete small design projects and other tasks as assigned.
- 32 hours / week ($15/hour) / 4 months or 6 months depending on candidate’s availability
- must work in the office (we supply computer and software)
- Working knowledge of Word Press and/or other content management systems
- Strong writing and proofreading ability
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including excel and templates)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (facebook, twitter, tumblr, and anything new that might be up and coming)
- Strong working knowledge of Mac OS programs and platform
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign (CS4 or CS5) (other programs in Creative Suite a bonus)
Deadline for applications is December 7, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. Please send your resumes and cover letters to Jo Snyder, Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Position starts Jan 7, 2013.
No phone calls.
We really appreciate all the applicants taking time to consider our internship, however, due to the large volume of applicants, we will only be replying to those we wish to interview.
The Wellesley Institute is an equal opportunity employer.