* Please note that the deadline for this listing has now passed *
“VHS Beta and Nintendo art contest”
We invite artists to submit a 2D artwork (maximum size 5′ x 5′ ) inspired by a movie or a video game from the 80′s that has really influenced them. All 2D techniques will be accepted (oil, acrylic, drawing, collage, photography, etc).
Deadline for registration will be October 28 or the moment we reach 25 registered artists (the artwork does not need to be finished by the registration deadline; the date to drop the finished artwork is November 2nd).
The registration fee is $70.00 (non refundable), it is possible to sell your artwork and we will not take any percentage on the sale (provided that the buyer pays cash). The artists, even the winners will keep all *rights on the artwork.
Three judges (all independent from the gallery) will evaluate the artwork and three money prizes will be given.
First prize $150.00
Second prize $75.00
Third prize $ 50.00
Artwork will be judged on these points:
-Respect of the theme
-Respect of all the rules
The decision of the jury is final. The prizes will be given during the opening Thursday, November 8, 2012.
- Drop off date to bring the art work dry and ready to hang is Friday, November 2nd (11:00 am till 9:00 pm), Saturday, November 3rd (11:00 pm till 5:00 pm). If you cannot bring your artwork on those dates contact us to make an appointment.
- The exhibit starts November 6, 2012.
- Opening and the revealing of the winners is Thursday, November 8 (5:00 pm till 9:30 pm)
- End of exhibit and pick up date, Wednesday, November 28 (11:00 am till 8:00 pm) or call us for a rendezvous if it’s later.
- There will be 20 days of exhibition.Please fill, date and join this form (PDF) with your inscription. Payment in cash at the gallery or through Paypal
The applicant give to the gallery Le Repaire des 100 talents the non-exclusive right to exhibit publicly his artwork during the contest/exhibition “VHS Beta and Nintendo”. The gallery will also be allowed to reproduce and show the artwork on its website, blog and facebook page in relation with the aforementioned exhibition. The images used for this purpose will not exceed 72 dpi. The gallery will fully credit the images with its title and author.
N.B. The artists who are represented by a copyright collective societies must declare it right away to the gallery otherwise only the present clause will be applicable between the two parties.