* Please note that the deadline for this listing has now passed *
The Canadian Orpheus Male Choir
Position Title: CHOIR DIRECTOR Part-Time, Contract
Opening Date: 10/01/2012
Closing Date: 10/31/2012
DESCRIPTION – RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead weekly rehearsals and up to 16 concerts per annum for an amateur male voice choir of 50-60 members based in Hamilton, Ontario
Work collaboratively with the management committee, music committee, and accompanist/assistant-director
- Teaching of music fundamentals and voice training
- Build chorister musicianship
- Present choir to the greater community in a positive manner
- Audition new members and re-audition existing members as appropriate
- Minimum Bachelor of Music with focus on choral conducting and/or voice
- Proven successful experience directing large choirs
- Proficient vocal and conducting techniques
- Preferred teaching and/or workshop leadership experience
- Preferred experience with mature voices
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Effective Date: January 14th, 2013 Salary: $8,000-$10,000 Annually
Term: Two (2) Years, with possibility of renewal
- Interested applicants are to contact Mr. Milan Gacesa at firstname.lastname@example.org for an applicant information package.
- Résumé with relevant experience and cover letter which will include thoughts on how to improve and grow a choir to be submitted to email@example.com.
- Finalists for the position will be required to do a 30-minute rehearsal with the choir and/or interviewed. Those selected will be notified by November 30th, 2012.