* Please note that the deadline for this listing has now passed *
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (TRAINING SUPPORT)*
You will provide logistical and technical support to the students and teachers in the English and French sections of the School. You will manage the technical equipment and facilities. Reporting to the Administrative Director and under the supervision of the program directors, you will, among other duties:
- Assist the School’s 160 students with their pedagogical projects.
- Supervise the construction and installation of set structures and elements, while ensuring that the safety measures pertaining to the productions are respected at all times.
- Attend production meetings before the show moves into the performance space.
- Provide students with the appropriate equipment and guide them in their usage.
- Maintain, update, store, and organize the technical material.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of materials or improvements needed to existing material.
- Act as the School’s designated representative when the School’s technical equipment is rented or reserved by outside clients and provide technical support during productions.
- Diploma in a relevant field of study or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in the theatre sector (as a Technical Director or Assistant Technical Director).
- Ability to supervise and support students within the framework of various projects.
- Demonstrated know-how in managing the everyday operation of technical equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of lighting systems (technique, boards, dimmers, etc.) and sound systems as well as a very good knowledge of rigging.
- Excellent understanding of and experience with Health-Safety standards.
- Very good knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
- Team spirit, integrity, good organizational skills, meticulousness, initiative, autonomy, patience, teaching skills, flexible schedule.
- Permanent, 10-month seasonal position, from mid-August to mid-June, 40 hours a week; availability during evenings and weekends; competitive salary; group-insurance plan (after a probation period); pension plan (after a minimum of 12 months);
- Start date: on or around November 26, 2012;
Please submit your letter of application and c.v. before 4:00 p.m. on October 1, 2012, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, under the heading Application – Technical Director, or by fax: (514) 842.5661
N.B. We thank all candidates for their interest. However, we will only communicate with those selected for an interview. We offer equal opportunity employment.
*The term “Technical Director” as used in this document refers to both male and female applicants.