* Please note that the deadline for this listing has now passed *
Public Programs Coordinator
Location: National Music Centre, Calgary
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Programs
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Programs, and working closely with a team, the Public Programs Coordinator helps create and foster mutually rewarding program-related relationships that further the National Music Centre’s objective of amplifying the love, sharing and understanding of music. This is to be achieved through the development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of a variety of primarily public programs and partnerships.
• A strong leader with exceptional customer service, inter-personal and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated relationships and knowledge of the arts community.
• Demonstrated experience and success in key areas: Stakeholder Engagement and Relationships, Building Community Capacity, Planning and Implementation.
• Ability to plan and coordinate community collaboration effectively, including special projects, events, gallery tours, and guest artist performances.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to work well independently and be quick to take initiative.
• Organized, adaptable, curious, creative, a self-starter and willing to learn new skills.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy; able to multitask and manage time wisely.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a Mac environment.
• A collaborative spirit with an enthusiasm for working with interdisciplinary teams on a variety of projects.
• Experience in staff management and leading a team.
• A passion for music, musical knowledge/skills are assets.
• Experience with writing performance contracts and knowledge of copyright and music licensing are assets.
Education and Experience
• 2-5 years of experience in an arts programming or related role. Post secondary degree in the arts and bilingualism are assets.
If you’re a music lover who is innovative, inclusive, supportive, focused, catalyzing, genuine, and you love to work with disciplined spontaneity, please apply by August 31 to:
National Music Centre
Candace Elder, Senior Manager, Programs
134 – 11 Avenue SE Calgary, AB T2G 0X5
or email resume to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE