* Please note that the deadline for this listing has now passed *
Fundraising & Development Coordinator (part-time contract)
The Port Moody Arts Centre Society operates a non-profit, full-service arts centre in the heart of Port Moody. As an active leader in the arts, we inspire creativity in our community by offering over 300 arts programs annually, serving as the box office for the City’s Inlet Theatre facility, supporting an artist’s co-op gift shop, hosting monthly artist exhibits in our four gallery spaces and sponsoring a variety of special events throughout the year.
The Port Moody Arts Centre Society is seeking a creative, self-motivated and well-organized individual to take us to the next level of fundraising and sponsorship opportunities. Under the direction of the Executive Director, and with the support of the Society’s Fundraising Committee, the Fundraising & Development Coordinator will be responsible for creating, managing and implementing an organizational fundraising plan with emphasis on donors, sponsors and granting agencies to meet pre-determined funding targets. The incumbent will be the key user of our new on-line foundation search tools to increase our grants from foundations, will coordinate with our Event Coordinator to identify needs for event sponsors and supporters, and will foster relationships with our members and individual, community and corporate partners to meet the needs of the Society.
The next year will be an exciting time for the Arts Centre as we plan for the potential expansion of our programs and services with the addition of the Centennial/Appleyard House, bringing about many opportunities for increased funding and naming rights.
Reports to: Executive Director
Schedule: Average 15 hours per week on a flexible part-time schedule agreed upon with the Executive Director including occasional evenings and weekends to accommodate special events.
- Creation and implementation of a detailed fundraising plan and budget, including development strategies to increase community partnerships, corporate sponsorships, annual and planned giving campaigns, to support the Arts Centre’s programs.
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of existing and prospective donors
- Generate monthly reports covering activities, progress and targets achieved.
- Attend all fundraising events and relevant outreach and community activities as determined with the Executive Director.
- With the Executive Director, research potential public and private granting agencies, draft applications, and submit reports as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Degree or Certificate in Fundraising, or equivalent.
- Three to five years experience in charitable fundraising, sponsorship and grant writing with a proven track record; previous experience using Metasoft resource software an asset.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate, foster and manage relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Superior organization and project management skills with the ability to set schedules and work to deadlines.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Familiarity with the Tri-Cities and/or Arts Sector is an asset.
- Current BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
Remuneration: Wage and incentive plan to be discussed
Application Deadline: July 29, 2012
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and references to:
Port Moody Arts Centre Society
2425 St. Johns St.
Port Moody, BC V3H 2B2
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fundraising & Development Coordinator” in the subject field.
No Phone Calls Please.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.