* Please note that the deadline for this listing has now passed *
Community Manager, Calgary Arts Development
Calgary Arts Development (CADA) is seeking a full-time Community Manager to provide support and leadership for externally-focused relationships as part of CADA’s Communications team.
The Community Manager will be expected to contribute to planning and implementation of CADA’s initiatives to raise the profile of our dynamic arts scene on Calgary’s quality of life. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Community Manager works with the complete Calgary Arts Development team to realize our vision: Calgary is a culturally vibrant city that inspires and engages the world.
Responsibilities include planning and implementation of advocacy initiatives, planning and implementation of community engagement strategies, community and media relations as well as communications consultation for specific projects.
The desired candidate is highly motivated, loves to learn, thrives in a changing environment, is excited about serving a diverse range of artists and arts organizations from all disciplines and is prepared to work with an energetic team.
Preferred candidates will:
• Have approximately 7-10 years of wide-ranging communications experience, with the desire to take on more responsibility;
• Be able to work in a fast-changing environment, with experience and understanding of the dynamics of government relations;
• Be able to juggle multiple tasks of varying depth on a day to day basis;
• Have understanding of/experience in the arts sector; and
• Have some media and community relations experience.
This is a mid-level, full-time position and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Reporting Relationship: The Community Manager works as an equal part of a three-person Communications team reporting directly to the President & CEO.
To Apply: Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Patti Pon, Acting President & CEO
Resumes will be accepted until August 10, 2012 or until the suitable applicant has been recruited. This position is expected to commence September 4, however start date is negotiable.Calgary Arts Development is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.