Canada Arts Connect is restructuring and we’re looking for an Editor to join the team.
At CAC, we’re a dedicated group that’s passionate about bringing the arts to our community of thousands of readers and followers across the country. We are about to re-launch and are excited to bring a new Editor on board to help us take CAC to the next level.
If you’re interested in working hard, having fun, and being introduced to cool opportunities, please check out the details below.
Application Deadline: Thursday, November 10, 2011
Hours: Part-time. Posts need to be edited and published every weekday (can be done on your own time, but must stay on schedule).
- Copyediting, proofreading, fact-checking posts/listings/pages on both websites as well as occasional promotional material and publications.
- Publish magazine posts.
- Monitoring comments.
* Responsibilities of the position may expand as CAC grows.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- You have editing experience (including excellent grammar, style and research skills).
- You are able to work on your own and stay on schedule / meet deadlines.
- You are experienced with SEO.
- You have experience with WordPress.
- You are hard-working, dependable, motivated, and passionate about working with a growing organization.
- You are familiar with the Canadian arts scene.
- You’re based in Canada and are able to telecommute (i.e. you have your own computer and access to the internet).
- You are easy to contact and reply to emails promptly.
- You want to work with a team and community that enjoys art and wants to make it fun, exciting, and accessible!
CAC is hoping to secure grants/sponsors/other income streams in order to pay its staff. Until that happens, payment will be via a 125×125 ad on both websites, a listing in CAC’s Artistic Professionals Directory as well as other forms of promotion and networking.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resumé, cover letter, and references to Desirée Ossandon at DesireeO(at)CanadaArtsConnect(dot)com with “CAC Editor” in the subject line by Thursday, November 10, 2011.